When a disk is almost full, Windows will display a warning:
However this warning has some drastic limitations:
- you cannot change the limit on what constitutes "very low disk space"
- you cannot enable or disable it for individual drives, only globally for all drives.
I am looking for a tool that displays a similar warning, and does not have these limitations. I only need to display the warning, no further 'clean-up assistance' is required from this tool.
Specifically, I need to disable the warning for certain USB-drives, and for recovery partitions, while still keeping the warning enabled for the main Windows partition.
- Windows 7
- Free for commercial use.
- Unobtrusive. Ideally totally invisible and silent unless disk space is low.
- Low resource usage. Should not have any noticeable impact on performance.
- ideally the look-and feel should closely resemble the native windows functionality.