I am looking to send a request to my phone's IP over the LAN using
curl and get back an image from the camera.
At the moment, I am doing this with IP Webcam, but I don't need the video stream – just still photos. Because it's streaming video, the app absolutely kills my phone battery, and is useless after running for an hour.
All of the other apps that I can find with remote photo functionality are either webcam apps with no ability to disable video streaming, or sketchy "spy" apps that require far too many permissions and provide features I don't want (like remotely reading SMS messages).
Features I want:
- Remotely trigger taking photos when a request is made
- Use flash when taking a remotely-triggered photo
- Web server that serves images so I can request with
- Only takes photos, no video
- Photos are taken and transferred in full resolution
- Only works over LAN, no cloud
- Strong preference for FOSS applications
- Bonus points if battery metadata is also made accessible to
curlvia the same app/server
Note: I am open to video-streaming apps that have an option to fully disable video and only provide still images.