I am looking for an Android app that will take a picture every set number of seconds.
The way I'd like to use the app is as follow:
When I'll be going on a family trip to a remote city by car, I'd like to install my Android phone on a phone holder, start the app, configure the number of seconds (e.g. every 1 second) and hit the "start" button. Then the app would take a picture of whatever is in front of it (and in front of the car) every second and save it somewhere on the device. When I get to my destination, I hit the "stop" button and the app stops taking pictures.
Then, when I get the chance to plug my phone to my laptop, I unload the images and possibly make a movie of the ride to the remote city.
The features that are required:
- Android 4+ (phone or tablet)
- Time allowed between snapshots must be at least between 1 second and one month (could be more than one month, and/or less than one second)
- No limit to the number of pictures taken (other than the device memory)
- 1920x1080 resolution must absolutely be available as a picture size (or a better 16:9 resolution)
- No or low image compression, I need good image quality
- A way to evaluate the app without having to pay
- On/off button or equivalent; I don't want to have to hold the 'take picture' button
The features that are good to have:
- I'd like the screen to stay on the whole time so I know it's working
- Insertion of the latitude/longitude information into the picture meta data (I think it's possible by just taking normal pictures on a phone)
- Possibility to decide where to save the images on the device