Ideally it would do Markdown, but plain text, html, or any other open format would be acceptable.
So far, I've checked out quite a few software products, none of which do this well.
- Sublime Text with the webdavsync package (could not get this to work at all)
- Idees (defunct)
- Omnifocus (not note-taking really)
- Outline (this one ate a bunch of notes during sync)
- Crispy Synced Notes (mostly works, but can't get it to sync to folders on Nextcloud that have special characters in the path)
- Joplin (though ostensibly markdown, it dumps the files into the directory as file soup, not practically readable by other software, author has no intention of changing it)
- Notebooks (no longer does native webdav on Mac)
- Notability (no longer does webdav on desktop)
It's at the point where I've started looking for note-taking software that has a plugins/addons/extensions framework. I've worked through the list of Electron note-taking apps, and none that I noticed do so.
Is there anything out there, even some bleeding edge beta software? I'd be willing to pay (but not subscription) for the right software.