I'm looking for a text-mode client for git – ideally something like Midnight Commander (so if there's some "Gitnight Commander", that's it).
- text-mode, so it also works over an SSH shell
- runs on Linux (Debian)
- offers an nCurses like text-GUI the user can navigate with the keyboard
- shows (and lets navigate through) commit history, tree structure etc.
- allows at least for basic actions like blame and diff
- intuitive usage
- free (as in "free beer" and in "free speech"; i.e. FOSS)
- available via standard Debian repository
- well maintained and up-to-date
I primarily need this to browse git repositories on a remote host, so "read-only" is perfectly fine. If it goes beyond that – well, cannot hurt as long it doesn't end with "bloated". Should be easy to use.