I am looking for a tool that is able to search for text in scanned PDF documents and images. I have tried Evernote and really liked it, but I do not want to have personal documents on someone elses cloud.
I am a developer so I could do some minor things myself, but parsing PDF files for text is way out of my league.
- No cloud service
- Ability to deal with scanned PDF documents and images
- Should be able to work reliably with up to 100,000 documents.
- Must run on either Linux or Windows 10 with 8GB RAM
- Preferably has a secure Web interface that allows me to add Documents and search for documents
- Must support large documents >50MB
Less important features
- Supports encryption of documents (e.g. searching requires authentication)
- Can deal with other document types (raw, docx, pptx, etc.)
- Ability to add multiple users
Either about 50€/year or about 200€ one time.