One customer came to me with a very interesting need. He has a published book, and the digital "source" of it, and he wants a software/platform that basically could enable him to publish that e-book online and let him make changes and revisions over time.
As this could be or not a specific requirement, I'm thinking if there couldn't be anything out there that could satisfy at least most of his needs.
Here is the detailed requirements:
- It needs to be an online platform
- It has to let him upload his book at the current state
- It has to let him make changes on the e-book online (like making corrections, adding new content etc.)
- It should have the option for him to either block copy paste of the e-book text from the users or just let them copy a reduced portion of it (like N words or so). Printscreen is not a concern.
- And I think this is tricky: It shouldn't publish the book publicly... It should, in some way, let only authorized users access it.
- No need for e-book download (for now). The users should only view it online.
- It could be either an online service or a self-hosted app
- It should be interesting if the software could display customizable watermarks along with the pages, to disencourage users to printscreen them (that's from me, he hadn't mentioned it).