I'm searching for a good Content Management System (CMS), which is appropriate for writing things like an online book.
What I'm trying to achieve? What do I search?
Basically I would like to have a good and small CMS which can be used for writing content like a book. Which means, chapters with sub-chapters. Maybe sometimes with illustrations, maybe some kind of wide-screen photographic.
Each book should consists of an (ideally automatic generated) table of contents with a pagination for the chapters/sub-chapters.
It would be great if there is some kind of contribution possible, which means - people can correct/update typos, etc. But each of these changes should be reviewed by moderators before they will be published.
In addition to this, each book should be exportable to
- Ideally OpenSource
- Ideally for Linux based systems
- Ideally written in Ruby, Python, PHP or NodeJS
- Easy to use interface
- Not to bloated. I don't need a huge backend with API etc. etc. if it fits my current described needs. Every peace of software which is overhead can break or can be a security risk. Just software - no bloat-ware.
- Basic community features (comments, maybe registration)
- Workflow for reviews provided by the community (non-administrative/non-moderation users)
I'm sure that I'm not the first person who tries to achieve some kind of online open library at all. But if so, just let me know. Maybe I need to build something on my own. But normally I just don't want to re-invent the wheel over and over again.