I need a free of charge software to create simple mind maps. Something free, fast, reliable, simple.
I have tried a lot, and I like these two:
- Scapple. - It's not free (I used it as trial), and there are very few features. However, I like its speed, simplicity, reliability.
- Vue. - it's free, and there are more features. However, the kerning is horrible, and undo/redo is buggy (the size and placement of the blocks will be changed to somewhat arbitrary). Also, it starts not very quickly (it's Java).
Some things I like about them:
- Each block can have as many connections as you want. (It's not limited to 4 or 8.).
- The blocks are supporting word wrapping.
- You can have text on your connections (e.g. yes/no). Vue only.
(Both of them works on all three main systems: Windows, macOS, and Linux. However, I'm a Windows user currently.)
What tools would you suggest?