I am looking for a nicer way to search files on the local file system via a web service. This service has to be self-hosted.
I imagine it to look similar to Google: A very simple user interface. When the user starts typing, it is already searching.
- Free as in beer
- Free as in speech
- Plugin-system or otherwise easily expandable
- Tags: The user should be able to add tags to files
- Automatically detects new files and adds them to the index
- My data doesn't go to somebody else
- Python plugins
- Good documentation
- Extracts text from PDF documents
- Allow the user to create filters (to automatically add tags)