I am looking for a command line lossless JPEG compression tool which will have the following functionality:
- be a command line tool with no GUI interface
- I can provide list of folders (where my potentially unoptimized images are), it will recursively goes and optimize all images inside of these folders and subfolders
- the images will be saved with the same name as they were before (substituting old unoptimized image for a new one)
Also it is not really important, it would be nice if the tool could
- Give a report (how much space per file / in total was saved)
- Could resize images as well
- Should properly handle big amount of files (> 1000)
- Remove metadata
Answer to Nick Wilde:
Losslessly compressing httpS://upload.wikimedia.org/.../Lake_mapourika_NZ.jpeg could save 16.8KiB (4% reduction).
P.S. the reason to use a tool is not to save some space on my machine, the images are on the server, so optimizing images will help to save bandwidth for users viewing images. For this reason images should be viewable and archiving them is not an option.