Trying to find some alternatives to logstash for log parsing/aggregation.
- It needs to handle multiple text log file formats.
- It needs to be extensible (probably with regex) to handle new formats
- It should be able to output to Elasticsearch (HTTP & JSON)
- It should work on Windows and multiple Unix types (particulary Ubuntu/Red Hat linux)
- Free/Open Source greatly preferred - but if compelling, paid would be acceptable
What meets these critera, and how do they compare as far as complexity and memory/processor usage?