I am looking for a tool which will connect to a MySQL database and, given a table name, will allow me to analyze the data in the table.
I would like to be able to (the most important features first):
- count how many non-empty values are in every column
- apply filters (eg. I would like to analyze only rows where creation_date>='2014-01-01')
- analyze relations between data in columns (eg. what is the average age of users in every country)
- draw a histogram of the values in a given column
- perhaps analyze the data in a pivot table
The tool should be able to analyze tables that contain at least a few hundred thousand rows with many columns.
It does not matter to me if it's a web-based tool or a desktop application (Windows).
I am a developer and I know SQL, but people who will be using the tool can only write basic SELECT queries. So the tool should be fairly simple to use.
I already found one tool that seems to meet my requirements. It's dbForge studio (http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/data-reports.html). I tried the evaluation version and it seems to me that it can analyze only 1000 rows at a time (which is of course not enough).
Do you know such a tool?