I am looking for a flashcard/tester app for iOS, and the web.
I'm going to use it for learning languages, but it could be used for anything.
It basically needs to take in 2 things, for example, English and German words/phrases.
The app should then allow me to test myself on these, either way (like switching sides on a flashcard), by typing, looking at virtual flashcards, or hearing the things. If there are 'games' that help you learn the stuff, even better!
To summarise (and add a few points):
- free iOS and web app (probably need to register)
- supports languages (audio pronunciation for languages, especially German and English)
- supports tests (type in the opposite language, say English to German)
- supports typos (preferably with a button saying 'typo' or similar. Definitely not automatically thinking it's a typo)
- supports case sensitivity toggle (German requires capital first letter for nouns, but for something that's not a language, I don't care about capitals, so I shld be able to turn the feature on or off)
- supports 'I don't know' to show me the answer if I don't know it
- hopefully statistics on games/tests, preferably testing me more frequently on things I don't know
- hopefully a way to just look at the words/phrases (in flashcard form, or list form - anything!)
- hopefully speed 'games' or similar to aid learning
I know these are a lot of strict requirements, but only the first 6 are required - I'm sure there are many apps to do this, but I'm looking for a recommendation based on experience so I know whether it works for them or not :)