I have PDF files which get created from a scanner. The PDFs only contain images.
Up to now you can't copy+paste the text if you look at the PDF with Acrobat or an other PDF viewer.
- OCR: read text from the images
- Annotate the PDF and create a hidden overlay to make text copy and pastable.
- Processing of one page should not last longer then 20 seconds
- Command-line and/or API, no GUI needed
- If there is an API, Python bindings would be nice
I only need to support Linux, no other operating system. Open source preferred, but commercial software recommendations are valid answers, too.