I make YouTube videos and I want to add closed captioning to my videos. But I'm not a transcriber and I can't afford to hire one. The options for such software overwhelms me. I need software that works on a MacBook Air, is preferably free, and can make closed captions for .mov files. Thank you.
YouTube creates closed captions automatically using their speech-to-text software. Here’s how:
- Login to your YouTube channel, go to the Video Manager and select the video you want to caption.
- Above the video you will see a range of options, including “Subtitles and CC”. Click this.
- You will be asked to specify what language is used throughout the majority of your video.
- Once you have specified a language, you should see the automatic captions appear as caption tack in the list to the right of your video. Select this, then choose “Edit” from the options.
- You can now edit a copy of the automatic caption track that YouTube’s speech-to-text facility has produced.
Hope it will help...