I would like to use a password manager that creates revisions for every (saved) change.
I don’t want to build something myself (e.g., using text files), so it should be a dedicated application (but it’s fine if the application uses tools like Git and GnuPG, as long as I don’t have to set them up or manually invoke them).
I don’t mind if it’s text-based or if it has a GUI.
Currently I’m using Revelation, but it lacks the revision feature.
These revisions should be
- per entry or per field, not a full revision of all entries
- created automatically, ideally after each manual save
- browsable, ideally with a (graphical) diff
- saved forever, ideally also for deleted entries
- saved encrypted, ideally in the same file/database as the current data
The password manager should
- save the sensitive data encrypted
- offer at least fields for URL, username and password, but ideally allow to add custom fields
- let me list all entries
- offer a search/filter function, ideally searching over all fields, and optionally only in specific fields
- let me export all my data (ideally including revisions) in some common format
A solution must be a FLOSS and run natively on GNU/Linux.