- Don't feel you have to use any particular Casing Conventions, it's only meant for those control freak in your enterprise team.
- The most stupid of all is cAmElCaSe
- Don't use any case-sensitive languages
- Don't use any case-sensitive OS or FileSystem
- eg. Unix and it's flavors
- When something is case sensitive I purposely use ALLCAPS just to see if I can blow some of its bolts off.
- Don't use any separators like commas and semicolons if you can't use them as terminators
- If an environment insists on commas and semicolons as separators I do
Otherwise I do the following (comma as terminators)
- [![enter image description here]]
- eg. CSS, JSON
Can We Have Simply Human CSS?CSS Specific Rant The Golden Rules
- I want a CSS for the average Joe
- I want a CSS I can read and comprehend in 6 months, or a year from now
- If CSS is breaking down (IOW, you observe severe breakpoints and all
this trash jargon) then there is something wrong
- with the way it's being expressed
- not allowing you to express your design.
- Don't ever ever ever use units like px, em, ex, cm, mm, pt, etc...
- Use vmin, vh and vw
- I don't care about retina non-sense, it means absolutely nothing
- I don't care about landscape / portrait if you really don't have to
- Avoid non-sense garbage CSS things like
- I will soon commit murder!
Member for 11 months
0 profile views
Last seen Mar 24 '20 at 17:05