Sometimes I find the need to "turn off" part of a display I'm using. For example, I might move my laptop in front of the display to save space, and I no longer can see the bottom half of the external display. It would be nice if I could disable this part of the screen so that the experience of dragging windows is seamless.
- Support OS X Mavericks, and ideally Yosemite
Allow me to disable a part of the screen, in such a way that the "usable" screen is still rectangular. Disable means:
- Shows a black / flat-colored background on the disabled part of the screen.
- Shows in System Preferences as a screen of the size I chose, so that I can arrange it properly.
- Be relatively easy to use. Command line solutions are perfectly fine
- Support displays over Thunderbolt with a VGA adapter.
Is there any software that will do this?