I'm looking for a framework or project that can automate configurable task flows when a particular trigger is activated, or some data becomes available.
Here's a list of requirements:
- tasks can be chained
- tasks can be standalone executables
- support for task dependencies (eg. task C depends on data from A and B, so it will have to wait for both before starting)
- data can be passed between tasks
- task chains can be triggered either by an external event (eg. data becomes available) or through cron scheduling
- UI for workflow management
- deployable (not a web service)
Python/.NET would be preferred, but anything works really.
For the first part a quick search returns Huginn, which looks promising, but wondering if there are other alternatives too.