I love and hate the Kobo app for Android. I love it because it's simple and I can easily connect it to my Kobo account and download my purchases. I hate it because the import of external eBooks sucks (can't choose the folder, slow etc.) and because the overall speed of the app is a bit slower than I want it to be.
When looking for an alternative, my number one concern is that I won't be able to have my purchased books in the same app and I don't care to switch apps. I know I can remove the DRM from them, but in all honesty, there should be an easier way than that.
I am looking for an Android app that will:
- Easily allow me to import DRM eBooks into the app (via an Adobe DRM file).
- I must be able to login to Adobe DRM (Adobe ID) in order for Kobo to authenticate the book I wish to add to my device.
- While importing external eBooks, I must be able to choose the folder and select the files you wish to import. Selecting external storage is a good thing to have, but not a must.
- Must be able to import EPUB and PDF files. Other file formats are optional.
- Should do what a eReader is supposed to do:
- Display book covers
- Display book titles
- Sort by author or title
- Add bookmarks, and notes
- Preferably gratis (free), but not required .