I've been quite happy with my purchase of Sublime Text 3 for developing and, either natively or through extensions, this piece of software covered almost all of my needs.
The one thing I found myself wanting for, however, was a way to do refactorings, for example through PyRope or better. There is already a PyRope extension for ST3, but it doesn't actually use the refactoring backend. The ST2 version does have this support, but it is not robust at all and often fails without a clear error message.
What I'm looking for:
- I don't want to learn
emacsjust to refactor code — unless the plugin is so simple you can explain how to use it in the body of your answer. Sorry.
- I don't want to set up workspaces, project files and the such just to refactor code. The tool should work with an existing file structure.
- Bonus points for coming with
- More bonus points for being in the Ubuntu repos (at least Trusty's)
- All of the bonus points if it's actually an ST3 plugin.
- It doesn't have to use PyRope, but it should at least have "extract function".
It doesn't even have to be a text editor. Even just a program like this would be sufficient:
py-refactor extract-function myNewFunction \ --from mycode.py:42:60 \ --dry-run