I'm looking for a translation software that I can use completely offline. I have searched the web but most things I found were focused on online translators (google, deepl, ...). The few things I could find always ended up not working (expired software, not for Windows, needing an online connection afterall, ...). So I thought I give it one last try and ask here. So, here is what I am looking for in detail:
- a translation software that works completely without internet connection. (pre-downloading language packs is fine)
- it should support Chinese, English, and German.
- Should run under Windows 10.
- I will mostly translate forms / tables / keywords etc. So I don't need the latest AI level translation, a simple tool that can translate short phrases (1-10 words each) would be completely fine.
- I want to use it to automate processes, so it needs some way to be called from e.g., the command line.
Again, it only needs to be a very simple translation. So no need for any of the big Neural Network based translators. What I have tried so far:
- I am using a DeepL account for whenever I have access to the internet. But thats no final solution for me.
- I tried the Microsoft Translator App (the old version that still allowed downloading language packs. The standard windows translator now uses Bing I think and also requires to be online). The Microsoft Translator actualy works fine offline, but I could not find any way to access it via console for automatic translation.
- Many other small programs that I found online. But most of them turned out to just call either google translate or any other service in the background. Some were just outdated and did not work anymore.
I would be totally fine with paying some amount for such software. However, I don't want any monthly fees / services.