I know of the following SVG editors:
- Adobe Animate (formerly Flash Professional)
- Adobe Illustrator
- ToonBoom Studio
All paid. This is the only one I know that is free and open-source:
However it's very inefficient for me. I think it has all needed functionality, but it's not intuitive to use and I waste time to do simple things. I'm very familiar to Adobe Animate.
Is there something better than Inkscape? For example, in Adobe Animate you can:
- Select an object and open a context with transform options, such as:
- Rotation (free or exact (90 degrees and so on))
- Deform or manipulate shapes with the selection tool, for instance:
- You can select a region of a shape and delete it with the Delete shortcut.