I’m looking for an app to save the landmarks, locations, places, coordinates, monuments, etc. that I’ve already visited and those I want to visit.
The OSs I use are iOS and MacOS. It is very important to have an iPhone app. On the computer I can use a web page if necessary.
Key features that would be nice to have:
- Folders: To be able to categorise the saved locations.
- Map: To be able to see the pins in a map.
- Location info: GPS coordinate, distance to the pin from my actual location, address, link to navigate with a 3rd party app.
Optional features that would be nice to have:
- No account needed: Sync through iCloud would be better that having to create an account.
- Tags: For being able to quickly find similar locations that are saved in distinct categories.
- Photos: For being able to see or add images of the place to quickly identify them.
Apps that I've already tried but haven't worked for me:
- Google Maps: I know that Google Maps allow me to save places but I want to avoid using this service.
- Mapstr: I've been using this app for a while but it becomes to social focus. In my case, I don't need to share or view other users list. I just want to store a lot of pins.
- Anchor Pointer: It is the one I'm using it right now but I miss two features. Being able to search by landmark name (you can only save coordinates) and being able to create folders/categories.