I am looking for a text editor for linux (I am using Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS) that is able to save, let me edit and choose among a list of search and replace list. I have looked around and cannot find what I am looking for.
I am currently using a combination of Altsearch and replace, an extension of Libreoffice, plus the search and replace window of Libreoffice because not all expressions work in the above extension (which allows to use a list of searches though). This is one reason why I am looking for a text editor.
Another one is that the books and articles initially edited in Libreoffice are finally made into md and latex documents.
I am familiar with BBedit which would be perfect, but it is only for Mac.
So, I would like to be able to use a text editor that:
Has a GUI interface and allows
- using regex
- storing a list of search and replace expressions with titles
- editing this list easily selecting which search and replace expression is used at a given time
- searching and replacing in multiple files (this would be a plus)
- Is multiplatform (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Is free and opensource (although if a good paid editor exists, I am open to it)
I hope that somebody can help.