I've got quite a random question here - but trying to solve a business problem.
We have a legacy CRM which allows us to export data at regular intervals, but the data is delivered via email and attached as a .csv.
I'm trying to figure out a way to achieve the following:
- Scheduled export begins, email with attachment arrives at designated email address;
- The csv file is appended to a database of some kind (with bonus points if we can apply rules at this step e.g. IF subject CONTAINS "tasks" THEN ...);
- PowerBI can then connect to said database for reporting
To give you an idea of how it is currently done:
- Email arrives at a designated address;
- Microsoft Flow stores the CSV file into a Sharepoint folder (along with all the other previously obtained files);
- PowerBI uses the folder as a data source and has rules built in to append the files etc.
Any help would be much appreciated!