I need to create a video demo of my company's web application. Camtasia offers a feature that will "smooth" out the cursor movements in a screen recording. However, Camtasia is quite expensive, and I do not foresee using it often enough to justify expensing it.
I would like a free or very cheap piece of software for Windows that would allow me to achieve a similar professional effect. There are a few ways I could imagine this implemented:
- An integrated screen recording software like Camtasia, with an automatic cursor smoothing feature.
- Software for Windows that allows me to define the cursor's path and actions ahead of time. I could then do the actual recording with OBS.
- The above, but as a Chrome or Firefox extension.
Other nice features could include:
- Editing cursor paths as splines.
- Pre-defining or smoothing out keyboard input as well.
I realize I could achieve a similar effect programmatically with AutoHotkey or Python, but I think a GUI based software package would be more suitable for this sort of one-off use case.
Does such an application exist?