ToDoist alternative that works offline?
Don't get me wrong, I love ToDoist and its many features, but it doesn't actually work offline. You have to connect to the internet and login every time you load the app... which is fine until you lose connection for any given reason. I've spoken to the developers and they are very disinterested in making it work offline, and dismiss their users by telling them it works offline if you connect to the internet to login when you launch the app. Well, what happens when it crashes, when it closes, or when you restart and you don't have a connection? Bingo, you're locked out of your entire work life.
So I'm looking for a new to-do app.
At the bare minimum, it needs to have the following features
- works fully offline. that means I can see and edit my tasks without needing to connect for any reason and they will be synced when a connection is made available. I can close the app and open it without being connected to the internet and still access and use it.
- syncable. New tasks on Windows show up quickly on my Android and vice versa, or at most with an accessible manual refresh
- there must be some way to quickly jot down a task with a keystroke, or some quick responsive window that can at least be pulled and hidden via an .ahk script or something like that. Todoist does this well with the win+alt+q keystroke. The window it brings up is exactly what I want.
- Reminders or alarms for tasks.
- recurring tasks (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly)
- Native Windows 10 and Android compatible (not a web app since they don't work offline). Obviously, the more platforms the merrier, for lifetime compatibility, but I realize that is asking an arm and a leg, so W10 and Android are sufficient for now.
Thank you for any recommendations.