I'm looking for an offline map browsing application for an Android phone. Absolute requirements:
- Runs on Android.
- Provides downloadable offline maps for the places I travel to. OpenStreetMap as a map source covers this requirement, so it can be met by allowing to download OSM data.
- I must be able to easily download at least the map for a town and its suburbs. The larger the region the better. (The snippets you can download on Google Maps are several orders of magnitude too small.)
- The application must be suitable for navigating based on the downloaded maps. For example, given a street address, I must be able to search this address on the map.
- The application must be able to show the GPS position on the map (“where am I?”).
- Show transportation information (“where's does bus 42 stop?”).
Nice to have:
- Allow downloading a large area (e.g. a whole country), as much as my phone's storage capacity permits.
- Show both local names and transliterated names, for locales that don't use the Latin alphabet.
- Show extra data such as museums, restaurants, etc.
- Search for tourist attractions, restaurants, etc.
- Link to real-time transportation information when online.
- Pedestrian, cycling, driving and public transport directions.