- Preferably a browser extension or desktop app.
- Platform is a Windows 10 desktop.
- Browser shall be any of the usual suspects (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, you name it).
- I need to periodically (such as once a minute) take a screenshot of a browser window and save it to a directory. The page in question uses autorefresh, so the contents do change.
- Must be able to operate even if the browser window is in the background.
- Nice to have: if it can capture only a well defined part of the page (based on coordinates or html element id), it's even better.
Background: I have an application that does really long processing sessions (hours to days). It has a web UI with a page autorefresing itself and showing a progress bar and some status information. I'm interested in how the progress bar and the status text changes over time. (Sadly, the same information can not be extracted from the application logs.)