I have a lot of images (pictures) on my computer and I'd like a solution to tag them somehow, and then return lists of filenames based on some querying criterion.
Ideally this program...
- Runs from command line for easy scripting / interaction with other programs via stdout and stdin (Unix philosophy)
- Is distributed under a FOSS license
- Available from Ubuntu's main repository (or Debian main)
- Keeps the information in a database that I can store on another hard drive
- Can print image filenames to stdout filtered on tags or directory locations
Does anyone know a software for managing images in this way on Ubuntu? I'm not above rolling my own program for this, but I'd prefer not to.