I've had problems after software upgrades or CSS changes in the past. I'm looking for a tool that can automatically find and report visual changes to avoid issues going unnoticed for a longer period of time.
So, I'm looking for a tool to quickly (or automatically) run visual tests on certain URLs of my website regularly. For example:
Take a screenshot of the home page, cart, checkout page; compare those screenshots to base images and report any difference.
Do you know a tool for that? Either one of the following will be fine:
- A desktop application where I can enter my page URLs and click "Check Now" to automatically verify all URLs, without further actions from me.
- A web-service where I can enter my page URLs and select a schedule (once a week) and get an email with the results.
- No coding/scripting needed
- A web-service, or desktop application that runs on macOS (MacBook Pro)
- I'm not concerned about cross-browser tests; the screenshots can be taken on my local machine, as long as it's done automatically.
Similar tools I found:
- uptimerobot.io - but it can only scan for keywords and has no visual test option
- percy.io - it has visual comparison features but requires custom coding
- applitools.com - same as percy, it requires coding