I work for a small company. We regularly have discussions with our suppliers, in which they send us information and documents about their products. This information comes in various formats (text in e-mails, datasheets, pdfs, quotes, spreadsheets) and is difficult to centralize, organize and share with the team. I'm looking for a software solution that would :
- be able to handle around 50 to 100 products
- store various files for each product (pdfs, spreadsheets, etc.)
- track the source of the information (public website, discussion, conference, etc.)
- store additional notes (context of the discussion, confidentiality of the information, etc.)
- be cross-platform (at least Windows and Linux), ideally web-based
I've looked into Product Information Management solutions, but these tend to be geared towards e-commerce firms, while we are an engineering company. Our current method is a shared spreadsheet with basic file folders.