Tried setting up a book library called Calibre but was frustrated that I had to use commands to add books to my library.
Looking for a free (Open source is a plus but not necessary) book server that meets these requirements:
- Only needs a directory to search for books from and has an easy start: you know, something like
mylibrary --library ../books.
- Works on Linux and is headless (so I can manage over ssh)
- Ideally less than 2gb ram for under 50 books.
- Encrypted / password protected library but no complicated user setup.
- Sends content directly over the internet so I can connect by web browser with no special software.
- Automatic bookmarking/picking up where I left off for each book
- Good GUI for web browsing - I couldn't get calibre to let me change pages without taking me back to the TOC!
- Some caching/ways of reducing data use for client.
- Nice aesthetic library index (like a pseudo book shelf) for client.
- Installation via apt for server.