I am looking for a tool that shows keypresses and mouse clicks.
- gratis also for commercial use
- Show keypresses
- Show mouse clicks (LMB, RMB)
- Configurable position and size
- Multi-Screen support
- Shows multiple keypresses for a configurable time ("recent key list")
In contrast to some software I already tried, I need:
- Invisible keys like Shift should show up immediately after being pressed. Some software only shows them after pressing a regular key (Like Shift+S. If I let the invisible key go without pressing a regular button, I want it to disappear immediately and not show up in a recent keypress list
- Invisible keys like Shift shall be combined with mouse clicks and then stay in the recent key list
- I don't want keypresses be written as
s x2when I press S 2 times. It is ok to have such a number with the 4th keypress. It must be clear that I have not typed SSpacex4, so it must e.g. be written in a different color or different font.
- Displays the Space key well, e.g. as
I have tried:
- Carnac the magnicifent, but it does not show mouse events and writes
s x2which is an ambiguous representation.
- KeyPosé does not show mouse clicks and just shows a single key in the recent key list. It does replace space by
˽, but not when in combination with an invisible key.
- PointerFocus is not gratis
- QiPress is not gratis