I'm trying to assess the feasibility of quickly building a web-based search engine to support search through roughly 10000 files (mostly PDF, MS Word and Excel). Since this would be a temporary solution used by a handful of users, it would have to rely on free open-source software, and should require minimal deployment time.
- A search engine indexing all file formats in scope, and providing NLP-capable search (lemmatization, stemming...). I'm thinking Solr here
- A web-interface, that can be deployed with zero code
- Easy-to-deploy packages, such as Docker containers
- Capable of working on one or two servers only. No high-availability is required.
- Based on free open-source software
Would anyone have suggestions on possible solutions?