I am looking for a web real-time communication API able to perform one-on-one private live conference session, and it returns the duration and the participants at the end of the session.
I am trying to build a web app that enables learners and teachers to schedule 1 on 1 lessons between them and have an online teaching session together. The process goes as the following:
- A learner opens a timeslot to look for a teacher
- A teacher writes his/her name on that timeslot, a lesson is then created with an unique conference link
- During the scheduled time, both the learner and the teacher proceeds to the link to have the live teaching session
- After the session, the chat duration is returned (with webhook or something similar), along with the ID of the learner and the teacher.
- An automatic payment is made from the learner to the teacher based on the duration of the session
I am looking for a web communication API that could achieve steps 2-4. Google Meet coupled with Google Calendar API could achieve steps 2, 3, but I did not find a way to return the duration of each conference.
I heard that Zoom might be able to do it, but I have never used it before. Looking for some recommendations.