I'd like to develop a Python microservice application on my local machine. The container orchestration tool which will be used in production will be some Kubernetes distro. What tool should I use to develop locally? I've found some tools so far:
- DevSpace (~1700 gh stars)
- (Draft) - Has been archived.
- Garden (~1900 gh stars)
- Okteto (~ 1400 gh stars)
- Skaffold (~10600 gh stars)
- telepresence (~3300 gh stars) - The tool referenced in the official Kubernetes docs. Is a Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) project.
Resources for comparison:
- The ultimate guide for local development on Kubernetes: Draft vs Skaffold vs Garden.io
- Kubernetes Development Tools Comparison - Skaffold vs. DevSpace vs. Draft vs. CodeReady vs. Bridge
If possible I'd like to integrate with my IDE of choice which is VS Code ATM. What tool should I use?