We are seeking recommendations for a project managmeent software package that meets our needs. I've reviewed what I view as a HUGE assortment of different vendors products (have a spreadsheet with 34).
here is what we have:
- have 5 developers (2 on contract), 2 support/config people, 1 PM, 2 managers. Developers each have their own specializations. Everyone is on-site or very local.
- we have two software products we support, both are similar but are for different market segments.
- projects are implementations of a customer onto one of the two products
- projects take between 6-9 weeks to complete, or more depending on outside factors
- projects consist of the following general components: Demo, meetings, configuration, Web Services integration, code to input and output files, custom report(s), testing, promotion.
- individual tasks are handled by one person. 1-3 people may be involved in a project though
- Releases are irregular at best.. not very "sprint" oriented I guess.
What we are looking to accomplish:
- Everyone knows what a developer/support person is working on at any given time
- Everyone knows what they should be working on now/next
- What is the status of each task
- know when to schedule new projects/set expectations for customers for timeline
- how much time is being spent on tasks.
- ability to estimate project hours
so our projects are timeline and capacity driven.
thanks in advance for any responses.