I may not have the best solution but seeing that you're yet to get any bites, you may want to consider a cloud storage option.
I work with ExaVault which is a cloud-based FTP server that provides many options for connecting and circulating data. If your application can make an FTP connection and/or leverage our APIs, this could be a great solution.
When you create an account, you will have the the following features:
- Documents organized by language/country by marketing department and updated quarterly. The marketing team can be assigned users with specific permissions to access and update folders
- End-users alerted to new documents. Custom notifications can be set on all folders.
- Download statistics are gathered for report generation. A detailed Session Log is provided for all activity.
The following can be set-up through use of an FTP Client, connecting with custom scripts or using our APIs:
- An index is created by scanning the documents allowing a search function on the client side. We have a fully documented API that can be used.
- A web application serves documents to client application. We also have very user friendly sharing options that can be accessed from any browser.
The items that might require some significant effort or require a workflow from a FTP Client connection:
- End-users can choose one or more groups to synchronize to their local machine allowing offline access. There is the option create public "Share" links to access specific folders but this would not allow for syncing with a local machine - instead capturing from a browser.
No view statistics for specific files at this time but delivery receipts to for when shared files and folders are accessed.
In addition to the above, you'll have a lot of options for user permissions, security options, and our support team to help you get set up.
Best of luck!