I'm looking for an app that does the following:
- Continuously record audio 24/7 in the background or when the sound is above a threshold
- Writes a file with the timestamp for that file (e.g. 2020-09-01 19:00:00)
- Record both ends of the phone call
- Save a transcription in a text file with timestamps so I can quickly search the text file for the part I am looking for.
- Allow for using Google Assistant voice command "Hey Google"
With a 256 GB SD card, I could record 72 days worth of audio (using mp3). Of course, battery life is some concern.
I know about Rewind, Alibi, Echo, SnipBack and Cogi. These apps only record the past several minutes and will only save with user interaction.
Proof Recorder and Voice Activated Recorder look like a good start. Is there something better?
I realize that it can be illegal to record without others knowing. It depends on the local laws. For my locale, it is legal to record so long as I am present.
Currently, I start an audio recorder and then later stop it. I would like to skip the manual steps and having to remember.
I realize this is a tall order. There may be apps that do not have all of these features. As a bare minimum, the app should record audio and save it to files without my interaction.