I have jellybean device with broken Display, I decided put a sim in it and turn it into internet hotspot , later i inserted a SD card and installed an app called wifi file transfer pro, to use my phone as Local storage Device.This software also has folder view feature and web interface is really good.
The problem with wifi file transfer pro is that you cannot stream video through web browser or vlc, we have to download the complete video to watch it,i even tried turning off ssl encryption, but it didn't help.
To stream video i installed an app called dlna server, although video streaming worked flawlessly, the problem with this app was that , when we define root directory it lists all files in all folders in a single list, so bascically not user friendly web interface.
So im looking for an apps whose web interface supports folder viewing and at the same can support streaming video
PS. prior to this i have tried
- Bubble uPNp- problem- it streams directly to device like smart tv which are connect to same wifi. this is not usefull, i need to stream in other mobile devices
- Pixel media-even this doesnt provide a link that i can open in a browser
- my dlna server-same as above
- Servers ultimate pro-same as above, it doesnt give an ip address to which i can connect on other devices.
- Server cast -same as above
- Plex- jelly bean not supported
- Ftp file server- very laggy and slow transfer speed.
- WiFi File server Pro, it requires me to connect to a hotspot, but my phone it self is supposed to be a hotspot
PPS,why all of these on android Phone, because it consumes 0.5 -1 watt but functions as reliable Router , wireless file storage device and lots of usefull apps are there on android platform.
- it should support jellybean sd
- it should give out an ip address to which i can connect to with web browser in my iPad or windows
- The web interface should be user friendly unlike dlna server
- It should support video streaming like dlna server
Servers ultimate pro -when I opens VLC on my other device and headed to connection section, it automatically showed the server which i had created.but the problem , im not able to stream Videos,when i click on the video it keeps loading.
Servers ultimate pro- as a workaround i created Native DLNA server, the streaming is lag free.it works on both windows and iOS VLC app
It turns out the Servers ultimate pro app shows ip address only when my broken screen device is connected to a wifi.
i think i found a solution , the native dlna is working flawlessly,both on windows and iPad VLC, but ,i cant play it in Cnx player etc. specific client software with supports DLNA like VLC is a necessity for this method to work. so i feel web interface is a hard requirement