I need to develop a collapsible metal construction. I have a few specific prerequisites. Generally speaking, it will be something like a big construction toy, but not be a toy. It has the specific purpose - the basis of the obstacles for a cycling trial.
Many riders over the world make their own huge welded constructions. Usually they are heavy, unstable and cannot be completely disassembled.
The construction shall be based on standard square tubes and be
- fully collapsible, up to individual pipes and connection points
- based on triangles to provide rigidity, but the triangle must be able to disassemble into individual tubes
- has maximum possible rigidity assembled
- based on common tubes, bolts, connection points
- easy to assemble and disassemble
- has only a few universal types of elements
- take up as little disassembled space as possible
- has the opportunity to assemble in several ways
- has the opportunity to easy assemble several concrete obstacles variants
The list above is just to show what kind of task I'm dealing with.
Of course I cannot easily resolve the issue.
I'm not a design engineer. I searched for engineering CAD systems. The problem is that I don't have completely idea of the elements in my mind, and therefore I cannot just model the components. Furthermore, I have no experience in engineering systems, only a little experience in 3ds Max. But I hope a modern engineering systems could have the functionality to help the engineer invent the construction, not just create a model.
I know that Autodesk Inventor is a software designed especially for constructions creation. But I as I can understand, development in Autodesk Inventor is based on precise parameterization of each element. In Inventor, I need to enter exact values for every point, line, circle, rectangle and so on. Yes, Inventor supports some top-down design model, but anyway seems it cannot provide easy automatic suggestions.
I need a software to automate a process of constructions creation.