I have to fill a PDF form made with Adobe LiveCycle Designer that I suppose to contain some sort of scripts:
- It connects to a remote server to check to be the latest version of the form
- It has a button to check that mandatory fields have been filled
It also allows to somehow "attach" some files in the document itself.
If I try to open the file with Ubuntu's default PDF reader I get this message (that is never "replaced by the proper contents"):
The instructions say to use Adobe Reader "or an equivalent software".
I need a software that:
- allows me to fill such a form in a "regular" way (workarounds like converting the document in an image is not an option as it would make it invalid for my purposes)
- works in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (through Wine is acceptable but Ubuntu software would be preferred)
- is FOSS (otherwise I might just install Adobe Reader)
I don't mind if it is "a bit" complicated, if it has a GUI or command-line interface and so on - it must just work.
Is there such a software (or a way to achieve the result with Ubuntu's default PDF reader - but I doubt)?