Looking for a new scanning software that I can use that will allow me the following
- Be usable fully offline (a must), ideally no cloud integration
- allow password protection to access some if not all documents
- Document organization and filing grouping are needed. (receipts, bills, warranty etc)
- OCR and searchable would be a big plus
- one time purchase versus a subscription
- Usable with a wide variety of scanners
I know this will be like trying to find a golden goose of scanning software, but I have to believe that there is a company of solution out there with something like this. I loved the neat desk software for a long time, but it is clearly dated, and the scanner is on its last legs at this point. I am looking for something for personal use, but I have like 5 filing cabinets worth of personal docs that I am trying to digitize and sort. This will be a big library of docs when I am done.
Looking for Windows 10, open ended on pricing, I would say $300 is my cap. Yes I am looking for document managing if there is a better solution to combine with a normal scanning software that is Ok as well. IE if two programs would be a better solution that is OK as well.
This will be for a single machine, I do not need it networked, nor will I be accessing the documents from another machine.
Ideally it would have a good backup solution as well, so that documents can be recovered if there is some sort of catastrophic hardware failure.
On paper Sohodox looks like something that fits this, but I have never heard of the company but will trial it, but I want to see if anyone knows of something better.