I am looking for a messenger program that:
- Is End-to-end encrypted
- Is Libre (FLOSS) - given Snowden's revelations it would be naive to trust E2E without the source code
- Has loads of cute emoticons - This is a requirement for user acceptance (Yes it really is!)
- Runs on Microsoft Windows
It would be nice if it worked without a central server (similar to https://ricochet.im/).
"Loads of cute emoticons" is a bit hard to quantify, but apparently Skype qualifies for that point. (But Skype fails on point 2).
A few examples that do not qualify:
- IRC with OTR (fails on 3)
- Skype (fails on 2)
- Facebook Messenger (fails on 2)
- Ricochet.im (fails on 3 - unless there is some add-on I do not know)
In the answer please include a link to the source code and a link to a screen shot of "cute emoticons".