I want to give an online lesson to a class of about 40 people. I will be talking and I want them to see a presentation at the same time. The presentation is a pdf file (beamer). I know I can share my screen but I am not happy with this solution because
- My bandwidth is limited, I cannot reliably stream video
- The image quality of screen sharing isn't the same
- It seems like a waste of resources (it's a 45 minute talk with a 500Kb pdf file...)
I am looking for a solution that would ideally:
- Allow me to upload a pdf file and provide me with a "public" link
- I can go through the pages of the file and everyone with the public link can see the page that I am currently seeing.
I know of solutions that can do this with powerpoint files but the material is ready and conversion to powerpoint is not an option.
BigBlueButton can do what I am asking but it shows a white screen in between page changes and this spoils the effect of a beamer presentation.
I am open to self-hosted solutions but would like to avoid screensharing (mainly for the extra bandwidth). I could spend around 10$/month.