In my effort to reduce my life's clutter, I've bought a scanner, and scanned the thousands of paper documents scattered around my house.
To make this worthwhile I need a software which will enable me to save all these documents securely, as well as allow me to find the ones I need when I need them.
I need a program which can:
- Store and index thousands of documents (PDF, PNG, etc. either OCRed or not)
- Be secure (some of those documents are very private - bank statements, etc.) - meaning client side encryption.
- Provide some back-up solution (for the possibility of my PC frying with all my paper history...)
- Allow for day-to-day management and addition of new documents
- Store document's date (which should be editable, since it might not be the date it was scanned/inserted to the system)
- Have some cloud features (search anywhere) - advantage
I'm using a Windows 7 machine.
Although I've posted the answer of what I use as a solution, I am very interested to hear of other solutions, as mine is a little convoluted... Anyone?