I want to add speech balloons to photographs.
Bonus points for supporting other bubbles, too (thought bubbles, scream bubbles, …).
I want to
- open the photograph,
- add a speech bubble,
- enter text, and
- drag and drop it to its intended position.
- The entered text should never overflow.
- The text and the bubble should "stick" together so that I can freely move them as a unit.
- It would be great if I could resize and/or move the pointer/tail so that the actual bubble/text can be farther away.
- There must be no watermarks (or similar) on the result.
I’d love to find a small, specialized tool; but a bulky image editor is fine, too, as long as I don’t have to create/draw the bubbles by hand.
I’m using JPG, but I’m willing to convert if need be.
The tool must run natively on GNU/Linux and be FLOSS.